Moving into a new place is surely amazingly exciting, full of contentment, and happiness; but at the same time management of the stuff to set up in the new house is definitely hectic, and loaded with confusion. It is easy to think of moving big things such as fridge, couch, and TV, but there are numerous essential pieces of furniture for everyday use that you can almost forget.
Guideline to get Cheap yet High-Quality Stuff
- First thing first, stop worrying, take a deep breath, relax and let your mind do the thinking first. First of all, make a list of all the essential stuff needed, for which following lists are an exceptional guide. Try to buy some second-hand stuff like TV or fridge, as it will definitely lower down your expenses to a greater extent. Or better yet, consider renting some furniture. For this, first, call on your family and friends, and ask if they have something spare (but of high quality) to sell.
- In addition to that, do check out garage sales. These sales are extraordinary and can superbly save a handsome amount of your hard earned money. You can easily bargain things here. Bargaining will be easier if you buy a couple of things and not just one.
- It’ll be more feasible to buy kitchen utensils such as crockery, cookware, or glassware from some charity stores.
- Keep a keen eye on discount stores, and supermarkets, as the deals and discount offers of these places are not to be missed. You can buy packs of new stuff for your kitchen, like dinner set, Tupperware, cookware, and cutlery in an amazingly discounted rate. Such offers are particularly awesome if you have nothing to start off.
Essential Furniture for the Kitchen
Food cravings or intense hunger pangs will definitely be one of the most obvious things that you’ going to feel when you first step in your new place. You can certainly order something up right away, but to avoid running to the grocery store when you are trying to settle in, will definitely feel bizarre.
So before moving in, check out the following things of kitchen essentials, and make sure to tick mark each and everything to avoid any culinary catastrophe.
- Water Purifier
- Plates, etc.
- Spoons and Forks
- Kitchen Utensils including,
- can opener
- sharp knives
- matchbox or Lighter
- wooden spoons
- chopping board
- vegetable peeler
- measuring cups
- bottle opener
- Glasses and Mugs
- Cookware- Following is the list of things that’ll be used during baking or stove cooking,
- Oven Tray
- Oven mitts
- Non-stick Frying pans
- Good- sized Saucepans
- Baking Dishes
- Kettle/ Coffee Maker (A definite for all coffee lovers)
Essential Furniture for the Bedroom
Not only bed, but there are many other things to move in while setting your new bedroom.
- A Full-Length Floor Mirror
- Hanging Shelves/ Closet
- A Dresser
- Wood armoire
- Laundry hamper/ basket
- Lamp/ nightstand
Essential Furniture for the Bathroom
While keeping a checklist of all the big and noteworthy essential furniture, bathroom essentials can easily be misses, which will definitely disturb the routine if not at present at the time of need. So make sure you won’t overlook following items,
- Shower Curtain, rings, liner
- Toilet Scrubber
- Bathroom Mat
Essential Furniture for the Living Room
Not counting in these items essentials, but yes, if you wish to decorate each and every corner of the house with all the necessary items according to that place, then embellishment of the living room is certainly a must to get some homey feeling out of your place. After all, you’ll be spending more of your time in the living room with your family.
- Table Lamps or Floor Lamps
- Small sized TV Cabinet
- Shelves or Cabinets to keep DVDs etc.
Other smaller yet Highly Important Things to Settle in the New Place
Well, the above-mentioned lists are enough to get you going at your new place with peace and contentment. But there are several other trifle things that are extremely important to keep a house look great and some are needed at the time of emergency. In the hassle of moving out and moving in, there is quite a possibility of forgetting these things, but surely keeping a list of the following things beforehand will help you a ton.
Cleaning Supplies to fill in your Closet beforehand:
All sort of cleaning goods including broom, bleach, laundry detergent, mop, dust pan, bucket, vacuum, paper towel, scrub brush, toilet brush and cleaner, paper towels, duster, rubber gloves, all purpose cleaner to clean wood and glass, and stove cleaner.
All sorts of Towels:
Different types of towels including kitchen towel, bathroom towel, hand towel, cleaning cloths, washcloths, etc.
Trash Cans and plastic bags:
Bins or trash cans for the bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.
Ironing board and iron:
Depending upon your job requirements, ironing of the clothes is really important. For that check that you have one to be ready to go on the job right away, and inappropriate condition.
Having a toolbox full of essential tools is extremely important. Ensure that your toolset must have hammer, screwdrivers, flathead, different types of nails, hooks, screws, measuring tape, and duct tape
First Aid Box:
Not everything but make sure that you have all the essential stuff to use in case of an emergency such as antiseptics, thermometer, band-aids etc.
Flashlight along with spare batteries or Candles:
In the case of any power breakdown or power shortage, having some flashlights or a simple candle will definitely come handy.
In addition to that, add in a fire extinguisher and portable fans to your list too.