Melbourne enjoys the unique distinction of experiencing all four seasons on the same day. Maybe, there is a tinge of exaggeration in this statement, but in practice, on several days one can experience scorching sun during the morning hours, hailstorms and squally winds in the afternoon, beautiful sunset with clear skies in the evening, and chill nights. Indeed it could be fun for some people, particularly the visitors, but not so for the roof over your head. These dramatic changes in weather at frequent intervals can take a toll on your roof, and tile roof restoration at regular intervals is one way you can minimise the damages to stay safe. Some of the typical problems that homeowners in Melbourne can face on account of this inclement weather about their roof are:-
The unholy mix of moisture and warmth is a paradise for termites. The enormity of damages they can cause may not dawn us when they are sighted the first time. Left unattended, they can proliferate at an alarming speed and chew off even metal! On the roof, termites are even more overwhelming for the homeowner since they cannot physically inspect the roof every day. Termite Trouble gets compounded when they started chewing away the load bearing beams challenging the integrity of the entire roof and even the safety of those living under it. Experienced roof restoration services can quickly take charge and carry out effective repairs and restoration. Scheduling a regular inspection at pre-determined intervals is another useful measure that can prevent avoidable emergencies.
Damages caused by possums, birds and pests
Pests and birds including possums are another major concern for the roof health in Melbourne. Possums tend to crawl into areas within the ceiling space and build a nest that can not only cause damage to the ceiling but also disrupt sleep for the residents. Birds, cockatoos, in particular, can be another source of roof trouble. They tend to descend in large numbers and chew off critical components of the ceiling.
Roof restoration best left to the professionals
With a wide variety of roofing options, it is challenging to choose a roof repair professional best suited to your needs. Installing metal, terracotta, zinc, steel or polycarbonate roofing requires specific experience and expertise with the particular product that you need. Here are some tips that can help you with the selection of the right service provider.
- Clear understanding of your needsUse the power of the digital world to initially understand whether you need a roof restoration or a roof replacement. What type of products are best suited to your home, how long will the job take, what are the temporary challenges for the residents and what investment is needed to complete the job. This short learning cycle will be a huge help in positioning yourself as an informed customer.
- Insurance coverCheck if your roofing restoration also needs an insurance cover. Professional roofing service providers can guide you on this and deal with someone who is acquainted with the claim process can save plenty of bothers, time, and energy and of course cash at a later date.
- Choose the right professional roofing serviceAll roofing service providers cannot be expected to have the necessary expertise in the broad range of roofing materials, shapes, and sizes. Check out areas of competence each service provider has and align your needs with the one who has the best exposure to the particular material for your roof as well as the individual circumstances. This way, you can ensure that you get the results that you expect.
- CredentialsAsk the service provider you choose to provide you with testimonials and references from past jobs. Save the contact information of people who have used the services of the service provider and speak to them. When feasible, going over and spending some time with past customers can be a huge help in understanding both the services as well as roofing materials.
- Speak to friends/relativesIt is likely that one of your friends or relatives have used a professional roof restoration service recently. Their experience counts in your choosing the best contractor for your job. You can also possibly learn about any practical problems faced by the residents during roof restoration execution. That experience can help you be more prepared for your task and make temporary arrangements so that everyone in the family is safe and comfortable to attend to their daily tasks.
Solar energy and roof restoration
The proliferation of solar powered homes has been impressive in Australia and Melbourne in particular. If solar power has been uppermost in your mind, installing solar panels along with the roof restoration/replacement can be an excellent idea. This will save you not only some cash but also great bother since you can expect to get both the jobs done within the same time frame. There are also new developments in the field of solar panels and solar energy nearly every day. Therefore, you would want to update yourself on what solar power system is best suited to your needs. In an exciting development recently, Tesla Motors of USA unveiled solar glass roof tiles that are intended to serve the dual purpose of covering the roof as well as become the solar panels for your home. A roof replacement in conjunction with a new solar power system for your home could potentially be more advantageous to you, particularly when you keep yourself updated on developments like the glass roof tiles from Tesla.